0

And now for something (completely?) different...

Posted by Chris on Saturday, March 21, 2009
I'm still waiting for my PIC programmer so can't really go much further with my USB-to-serial project. I've got the components wired up, I've looped the TX/RX pins on the FT232RL chip together and sent some data using Hyper Terminal. And, as expected, I get the same load of jibberish sent right back! So the USB-serial bit appears to be working.

The next stage will be to actually send the data to the PIC - making sure that the baud rate between the FT232RL and the 16F628A are correct, and that the data from the FTDI chip isn't getting scrambled on it's way to/from the PIC (I've read on few forums that this is a common problem!).

So while I'm (still) in limbo regarding the PIC I've turned my attention elsewhere.
My next project will involve a switching power supply - the kind of thing used in the fantastic Wizards of Winter video from a few years back. I've got the circuit components, transistors, relays and even a couple of SSRs (solid state relays) and the schematics designed but without the PIC programmer, it's not going to go much further!
In the meantime, I've been working on a sound to light application to support the hardware.



Knowing how it works (or how it should work once it's been built) makes writing the software actually quite difficult: I'm trying to make it super-user-friendly - just look at the interface and you should know how it works.
Well, here's a screenshot. I can't decide.....

0 Comments

Post a Comment

whos.amung.us

Copyright © 2009 .Nerd Club All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive Supported by Blogger Templates.